Speak to our knowledgeable team for further info on portion sizes.
1. Mix together the salt, sugar, smoke powder & dill.
2. Lay the Mackerel flat in a vac pac bag and sprinkle the cure over the fillets so there is a complete even layer of the flesh. Vac pac the fish and leave to cure for 12 hours.
3. After the 12 hours, wash the fish under cold running water for 5 minutes. Then vac pac in oil until ready to serve.
4. Whisk the cream, mustard, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of salt together to a soft peak.
5. Using a hand blender, blitz together the Gel Crem Cold & the organic beetroot juice. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes then blitz again, this will make a good fluid gel consistency.
6. Fry the rye bread in clarified butter and serve with baby watercress. Gel Crem Cold thickens a liquid up with out any after taste. It will go as far as a thick custard consistency like crème pat. If it’s too thick then add more liquid, if it’s too thin add more gel crem.
7. To Serve: Take a slice of the 100% rye and grill on both sides, break some pieces off the bread and fry off in clarified butter to make croutons.
8. Dress the plate with the mustard cream, beetroot, place the mackerel on the rye bread and garnish with the red watercress.