Speak to our knowledgeable team for further info on portion sizes.
1. Mix the dry ingredients together and gently whisk in the sparkling water.
2. Set fat fryer temperature to 185°.
3. Pass cheeks through batter and slowly lower (do not drop) into hot oil. Gently agitate the fish, which will give the batter a rippled texture. Once lowered 2/3 of the way, allow the cheeks to drop into the oil fully.
4. Allow to fry for 4-6 minutes.
5. Assemble the other ingredients.
6. Lift battered cheeks onto a cooling rack to allow excess oil to drain.
7. Serve deep fried fish cheeks with grilled lemon, mushy peas, tartare sauce and chips. Grilling the lemon gives a new level of flavour acidity which will complement the fish.
8. To give an edge to the mushy peas, add some freshly chopped mint.