Speak to our knowledgeable team for further info on portion sizes.
1. Make the kimchi by chopping the broccoli leaves and washing well. Sprinkle the 4 tbsp. of salt over the leaves and cover with water, leave for two hours, then drain and rinse very well, leave to drain well.
2. Blitz together the sugar, pepper paste, shichimi seasoning & ginger together. Using gloves mix well over the broccoli leaf and place into a jar pressing it down well. Leave at room temperature for 2-5 days to ferment, pressing it down into the liquid. Once a good fermented flavour has established put in to the fridge for at least a week before use. *Want to put this on the menu this week? Then you can buy ready-made kimchi.
3. Peel the broccoli stem in to a cylinder shape, put in to a vac pac bag and add a little lemon juice, olive oil & seasoning. Vac pac on full pressure to compress the stalk and freeze.
4. Make the wild garlic oil by washing the leaves well and leaving them to drain. Place into Thermomix at 80c for eight mins with the sunflower oil, cook and blitz and then strain through muslin cloth or paper towels. You could always gently heat the oil and wild garlic on the stove being careful not to get the oil too hot then blend well and strain. Keep the wild garlic buds separate.
5. Make a thick batter with gluten free flour using cold water. Bring the dish together by cooking the mackerel quickly on the BBQ and leaving to rest with a little lemon juice and salt. Sautee the Jersey Royal potatoes in olive oil until golden then toss in the wild garlic oil, dip the wild garlic buds in the batter and fry at 180c until crisp, portion the broccoli stalk after de frosting it and grill or scorch.
6. Finish the dish with dressed fennel using lemon, olive oil and salt