Speak to our knowledgeable team for further info on portion sizes.
1. Mix the dry ingredients together and gently whisk in the sparkling water.
2. Set fat fryer temperature to 185°.
3. Pass fish through batter and slowly lower (do not drop) into the hot oil. Gently agitate the fish, which will give the batter a rippled texture. Once it is lowered 2/3 of the way, allow the Mackerel to drop into the oil fully. Allow to fry for 4-6 minutes.
4. Mix 10ml cider and 1g of dill with 50g mayonnaise to produce the cider mayonnaise.
5. Dip samphire into batter and gently lower into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Lift battered samphire and mackerel onto a cooling rack to allow excess oil to drain.
7. Serve mackerel with grilled lemon, deep fried samphire, cider and dill mayonnaise and chips.